New Spain, formally called the Viceroyalty of New Spain was a viceroyalty of the crown of Castile comprising territories in the north overseas 'Septentrion' (North America and Philippines).New Spain was established following the Spanish conquest of the Aztec Empire in 1521. After the Spanish conquest of the Inca Empire in 1532 opened up the vast territories of South America to further conquests, the Crown established an independent Viceroyalty of Peru.
These forces undertook the Spanish conquest of Yucatán was the campaign undertaken by the Spanish conquistadores against the Late Postclassic Maya states and polities, particularly in the northern and central Yucatán Peninsula but also involving the Maya polities of the Guatemalan highlands region. This episode in the conquest and colonization of the Americas began in the early 16th century, but was a more difficult and lengthier exercise in subjugation than the equivalent campaigns against the Aztec Triple Alliance and the Inca Empire. It would take some 170 years and the help of the Xiu Maya before the last recognized Maya stronghold fell, that of the Itza capital of Tayasal on Lake Petén Itzá, in 1697.
- Link text goes here more words go here
- Play off a number of your opponents against each other and persuade them to fight either between themselves, or as auxiliaries in your army, thus saving your own troops from undue harm
- Any horse will be good in a themed tournament in this book
- Because they are not armoured, and not superior, the native troops may not be that worth taking. But they are dirt cheap and can provide rear support and extra numbers of units.
- 10-strong Warrior Spear units may be the exception to this general rule
- The requirement to field Spanish infantry as all Pike and Shotte, or all separate arquebus and sword units is a bit of a spoiler. The latter is more fun.
- Essex Miniatures
- Black Hat Miniatures/Gladiator Games
- Khurasan Miniatures have some specifically designed figures for this army. The line will eventually be expanded to include sets suitable for the great armies fielded by the Spanish in Europe as well.
- Roundway (as sold by Navwar)
- Naismith Design (as sold by Navwar)
- Museum Miniatures
- Old Glory 15's
- Lancashire Games
- Irregular Miniatures
- East Riding Miniatures
- Eureka - Australian Site
- Tin Soldier have conquistadore figures
Delete as approriate, or comment on the best ones for this army...
- Unit 1
- Unit 2
- Unit 3
- You get the idea..